Job Title: Personal Care Attendant – ALF
Department: Health Services
Reports To: Health Services Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO: (9) Service Workers
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: October 2008
Provides direct resident care, completes assignments as a universal worker, assists in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents, and upholds Prestige’s core values of respect, integrity, commitment and trust.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides direct resident care while promoting resident dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents’ physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the Health Services Director, Expressions Coordinator, or Executive Director.
2. Assists with or performs ADL’s, takes vital signs and weights and accurately documents care services provided and observations on communication log and incident reports. Reports and documents all incidents and accidents immediately.
3. Assists residents to and from dining room and activities.
4. Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures as required.
5. Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously and answers phones when assigned.
6. Follows and supports community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
7. Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at meal time, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
8. Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers and coordinates personal care service with co-workers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
9. Assists with apartment housekeeping services and residents laundry.
10. Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
11. Performs related duties as requested.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors and staff.
Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residence, company information and records.
Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
Complies with the attendance policy.
Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire.
Participates in training, in services, and attends meetings as required.
Assists with projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Must complete and pass competency evaluation within 120 days of employment, state required training including the Revised Fundamentals of Care, Dementia Care, First Aid, CPR and HIV training if not able to provide appropriate documentation of prior training.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents and logs. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with residents, customers and employees. Ability to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current First Aid and CPR certification. Food Handlers permit if required by State.
Physical Activity (Marked with "X" where applicable) *N O F C
Walking: _____ _____ _____ __X__
Sitting: _____ _____ ___X_ _____
Standing: _____ _____ _____ __X__
Reaching: Shoulder Height _____ _____ ___X_ _____
Above Shoulder Height _____ _____ ___X_ _____
Below Shoulder Height _____ _____ ___X_ _____
Climbing: _____ _____ ___X_ _____
Pulling/Pushing: 25 Pounds or less _____ ____ ______ __X__
25 Pounds to 50 Pounds _____ _____ _____ __X__
Over 50 Pounds _____ _____ _____ __X__
Lifting: 25 Pounds or less _____ ___ _____ __X__
25 Pounds to 50 Pounds _____ _____ _____ __X__
Over 50 Pounds _____ ______ ___ __X__
Carrying: 25 Pounds or less _____ ____ __X__ _____
25 Pounds to 50 Pounds _____ _____ __X__ _____
Over 50 Pounds _____ _____ __X__ _____
Crawling/Kneeling: _____ _____ __X__ _____
Bending/Stooping/Crouching: _____ _____ __X__ _____
Twisting/Turning: _____ _____ __X__ _____
Repetitive Movement: _____ _____ __X__ _____
*N = Never
O = Occasionally, represents 1 to 33% or 1 to 2 hours of an 8 hour shift
F = Frequently, represents 34 to 66% or 2 ½ to 5 ½ hours of an 8 hour shift.
C = Constantly, represents 67 to 100% or 6 to 8 hours of an 8 hour shift.
Physical Ability Acceptable Minimum
Vision: ___X_ Good _____ Poor _____ Blind
Color Vision: _____ Normal ___X_ Impaired
Hearing: ___X_ Normal _____ Moderate loss _____ Deaf
Manual Dexterity: _____ Good ___X_ Fair _____ Poor
Talking/Speech ___X_ Good _____ Fair _____ Mute
Taste/Smell _____ Good ___X_ Fair _____ Mute
Works directly with residents in the assisted living residence. High potential for exposure to blood/body fluids.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhausted list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Respect * Integrity * Commitment * Trust