HR GONE WILD

  • Share:
  •  
Name: HR GONE WILD
Date: February 15, 2018
Time: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM MST
Trip Builder: View Trip
Event Description:
SESSIONS PRESENTED BY LOCAL HR PROFESSIONALS

Sexual Harassment #ItNeverHappensInMyOrganization Sexual harassment in the workplace has dominated the news, social media, boardrooms and our own living room conversations! While most employers acknowledge that it is wrong and many have established policies banning it, more often than not they aren’t even aware that it could be happening in their organizations. From jokes around the breakroom table to an inappropriate post in the company FB group page…is it sexual harassment? Most complaints or whispers of SEXUAL HARASSMENT in the workplace aren’t as clear-cut as the Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer situations. Do you know what to do as an employer when the whispers and nonchalant reports are made? What is your liability as an employer?
Metrics in the HR Profession – Don’t be Afraid to Use Them – Measure What is Important

Today’s HR professionals are looking for quantifiable results and metrics that help define the company’s needs and their role in achieving the goals set. We know the numbers paint a picture, yet many of us are uncomfortable with what we should be measuring, how to measure it and how to best use the information. In this session, we’ll discuss how to utilize HR metrics such as turnover costs, cost to hire, human capital return on investment and more.
Coaching for a Team It often feels like we spend 95% of our time on those team members that are needy and often aren't productive, thus leaving 5% of our time for those who are talented and engaged. We first need to step away from that revolving door, then get proactive and coach our staff to become an engaged and cohesive team. Anyone who has ever been involved in sports knows how important the coach is, but also knows the key to a win or to success is really all about the team. During this session we will learn about coaching for a team environment, learning when and how to have those tough conversations and how to keep your team engaged. Let's reverse the statistic so you spend 95% of your time celebrating successes and only 5% of your time on those who aren't engaged.

PRESENTED BY

RONDA WAKEFIELD, SHRM-SCP, SPHR Owner, NW MT HR Solutions, LLC
Ronda has over 15 years of diverse human resources and management experience that spans a variety of industries. She has extensive hands-on experience leading HR initiatives including policy design, handbook development, recruiting, training and development, employee engagement, performance management, complex employee relations, and safety. Ronda partners with employers to provide flexible and customized human resources solutions and services.

CINDY CARPENTER, SHRM-SCP, SPHR Owner, Carpenter Business Resources, LLC
Cindy holds the two top Human Resource certifications and has over 25 years of training experience primarily focused on human resource and people topics. To compliment her training background, she has been a practicing Human Resource professional since 1996 in the Banking and Insurance industries. Cindy’s background includes work experiences beyond Human Resources, within the Banking industry and as a business owner.

2 CONCURRENT SESSIONS AND 1 GENERAL SESSION
  • SEXUAL HARASSMENT #ItNeverHappensInMyOrganization Presented by Ronda Wakefield
  • METRICS IN THE HR PROFESSION Measure what is important Presented by Cindy Carpenter
  • COACHING FOR A TEAM How to have the most effective conversations Presented by Ronda Wakefield & Cindy Carpenter

*SHRM & HRCI CREDITS PENDING*
Location:
Hampton Inn Kalispell
1140 US HWY 2 W
Date/Time Information:
Contact Information:
For further info or to register via email contact Cindy Carpenter at 406.871.2574
Fees/Admission:
REGISTRATION DETAILS

▪ $50 registration fee due by February 1st
▪ Credit Cards, Checks and Cash accepted
▪ Checks payable to NW MT HR Solutions, LLC
▪ Mail registrations to P.O. Box 2681, Kalispell, MT 59903 or email cc.businessresources@gmail.com
▪ Late registrations taken at door space permitting
Set a Reminder:
Enter your email address below to receive a reminder message.

Start typing and press Enter to search