Evergreen Program Coordinator
Responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a specific program for youth participating in after-school and summer programming at the Evergreen site. Program responsibility supports our priority outcome areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, Good Character, and Citizenship. The Program Coordinator also provides leadership and supervision to assigned program staff and volunteers; manages monthly program budgets in Evergreen and controls expenses as assigned.
The Program Coordinator will be the main point of contact at the Evergreen site for Staff and Parents alike. This position will also be responsible for hosting programming during Club Operation hours when youth are in the building.
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Clubhouse programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes at the Evergreen site:
- Establish Clubhouse program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that Members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrates leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of Members.
- Provide leadership and direction to Program Staff at the Evergreen Clubhouse.
- Ensure an environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes, with overall responsibility for cleanliness attractiveness and safety of properties and equipment.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned staff and volunteers.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
Program Development and Implementation
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to Member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control Clubhouse program and activity expenditures within the approved budget.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase the visibility of Club programs via posting of the daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information to parents, staffing, and volunteers.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor or receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with members, families, alumni, community leaders, youth-serving professionals, other Clubs, media contacts, vendors, consultants, organizations, and other to achieve program goals and objectives, manage costs, share information, and resolve problems.
- May oversee special programs and/or events (such as Youth of the Month, etc.), and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- Required to drive Club van to transport youth to Clubhouse and on Field Trips.
- Will be the primary face for consulting parents at the Evergreen Clubhouse concerning members and Clubhouse issues.
- May be handling money and taking member payments.
- May be tasked with heading SFSP Program and capturing data as necessary.
- May be charged with collecting data and reporting on the 21st CLCC Grant.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management and the recruitment and retention of Key personnel
- Ability to supervise and motivate Staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with members discipline problems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club Staff, Board Members, volunteers, community groups and other related agencies.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
This job requires sitting and walking throughout the day as well as periods of driving to attend meetings with Donors and other community partners. May need to lift 25 lbs. occasionally.
Typical workweek is 40 hours, 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., though hours may vary. This jobs primary location will be in Evergreen.
- -Pay Rate - $14/hr
- -Health Coverage available to Employee
- -3% match into retirement account (After probationary period)
- -10 paid sick days (After probationary period)
- -Accrual of 14 paid days off (After probationary period)
- -7 paid Holidays
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, not to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.