Industrial Engineer III
Applied Materials, a leading manufacturer of equipment for the semiconductor industry, is looking for an Industrial Engineer to join their team in beautiful northwest Montana. Visit our site to learn more about this role at one of Montana’s leading manufacturing companies.
- Performs Methods Engineering analysis including process design, time, and motion study, and recommends manufacturing line improvements.
- Leads in I.E. projects and programs within areas of responsibility. Assists in the implementation of these projects into business with quality tools, supporting processes, and ongoing measures for success. Provides cost analysis and return on investment calculations associated with project selection.
- Leads ergonomics / human factors evaluations, recommends and implements improvements to work area designs.
- Develops and implements manufacturing facility design of plant layout, material handling systems, material staging, and warehousing as desired.
- Supports strategic implementation of product introductions into volume manufacturing by providing PLC/ePLC deliverables which include manufacturing line design and set up, material flow design, new tooling development, and deployment of specialized tooling and fixtures. Collaborates with other engineers to develop specialized solutions for the transport of modules, assemblies, and mainframes through the factory.
- Serves as a role model and sets the example, whose behavior is emulated by other engineering team members. (Safe behavior, follow proper protocols and procedures, including core values).
- Calculates and maintains capacity data for materials processing, people, space, and equipment associated with production. Provides guidance to manufacturing and logistics related to effective and efficient use of assets and production processes.
- Establishes standards and procedures for multiple functions.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project, or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 4-7 Years
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.