Mechanical Engineer III
Do you have a passion for mechanical engineering? Applied Materials is looking for Mechanical Engineers at our gorgeous Kalispell, Montana location! Visit our site to learn more and apply!
Problem identification and troubleshooting a variety of difficult mechanical problems with limited supervision
Define, coordinate, perform, and document engineering test reports with limited supervision
Develop, design, or modify mechanical engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of difficult scope
Perform engineering analysis of difficult scope with limited supervision
Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers. Generate mechanical product specifications.
May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle. Establishes standards across all operational processes
Specify and review engineering documentation
Implements concepts for variety of complex product issues and mechanical solutions
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
QualificationsEducation: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 4-7 Years
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.