Quality Inspector - Manufacturing
A world-class AS9100 certified machining and fabrication job shop in Kalispell, MT is looking for a Quality Inspector. With a goal to manufacture the highest quality parts, on time, at competitive prices, they strive to meet or exceed customer expectations.
We are able to provide exceptional products to our customers because we have an incredibly talented team. How do we build this type of a team? We offer a positive work environment, pay for performance, outstanding benefits, and top of the line tools and equipment to produce the products we guarantee our customers.
The Quality Inspector supports incoming, in-process and outgoing inspection to ensure products meet customer requirements and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform dimensional and visual inspection of parts for quality and adherence to customer requirements and specifications.
• Limit overall non-conformances by early detection and continued surveillance.
• Record, analyze and report inspection results to team members, customers, and suppliers.
• Assist production personnel with first piece verification, first operation verification and in-process inspections.
• Has responsibility and authority to support and participate in continual improvement of AS9100 Quality Management System.
• Other duties as assigned, and the responsibility and authority for assigned tasks.
• Ability to perform inspection with height gage, optical comparator, CMM, micrometers, calipers, thread gages, bore gages, borescopes, and other measuring equipment. CMM programming experience with Zeiss Calypso is a plus.
• Ability to communicate with internal customers to drive product quality conformance and resolve nonconformances.
• Excellent blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning, and tolerancing proficiency.
• General understanding of precision machining operations.
• Ability to plan and carry out in-process inspection activity within a precision job-shop machining environment.
• Working knowledge of aerospace AS9100 QMS systems and AS9102 FAI is preferred.
• Top compensation
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• PTO/Sick Pay
• Simple IRA w/Company Match
• Group Health Insurance – employer pays 80%
• …And More!
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Experience in a similar role
• Positive references from past employers
• Quality mindset