Shipping and Receiving Clerk
We have a great opportunity here! Looking for someone who has good attention to detail and is looking to stay busy throughout the workday! Pay starts at $15 per hour!
To apply online please visit: https://jobs.lcstaffing.com/#/jobs/36289
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material.
- High school diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to develop and implement cost-saving measures and conserve organizational resources.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, and other written communication as well as the ability to write professional correspondence.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a business environment while completing tasks in an organized, precise, and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors as well as manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Computer skills required.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines the method of shipment and affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Examines incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet required regulations and specifications and packages items to be shipped in appropriate packaging containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Maintains the inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates a forklift or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and submits to purchasing items for orders with suppliers or mail order firms.
- Assist with material inventory in regards to physical inventory, incoming material, and finished goods movement.
Shift: Monday-Friday, various shifts based on the needs of the organization. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
For questions and answers, call or text Brittany in our LC Staffing Kalispell office at 406-752-0191.
Brittany is our top producing Manufacturing Recruiter at LC Staffing, located in our Kalispell Office. She understands searching for a job can be a highly emotional and vulnerable experience, which is why she is so passionate and successful at what she does. When Brittany is not at work, she loves spending time with her dog, Lizzy.