Welded Frame Operations Manager
Applied Materials is looking to fill our Welded Frame Operations Manager role in beautiful Kalispell Montana! Visit our site to find out more about this role!
The frame shop manager oversees production processes, capacity forecasting, and head count management to support both volume fabrication and new product implementation of precision structural frames for semiconductor manufacturing equipment. A successful candidate blends their technical capabilities with essential managerial tactics to drive parts on time, to print, and at competitive costs. We are poised for exponential growth and are seeking to further our world class capabilities by adopting cutting edge industry practices and leveraging the next technology nodes.
A successful candidate would have experience with highly engineered structural equipment chassis. Familiarity with tight tolerance construction in heavy gauge sheet metal and structural tube frames is advantageous. Additionally, the role would manage sheet metal fabrication for input weldment parts and powder coating of frames. Experience with rapid product development for the tech sector, modern welding technologies, scheduling, employee training, and sound people management skills are required. The candidate would also work closely with the machine shop, procurement, and design engineers to hold schedule along with frame quality. The frame shop is a business-critical department within a captured fabrication facility solely supporting Applied Materials in supplying high IP and critical complementary to various global business units.
- Manage both volume and new product lines to support business need
- Provide head count requirements & cross train to anticipate product fluctuations
- Foster advancement training to raise welder skillsets
- Develop and introduce lean practices to compliment and balance changing product lines
- Develop in process inspection strategies and moving to more antonymous methods
- Strategize Equipment and Capacity needs
- Develop and adherence to robust product manufacturing methods and welding procedures
- Sound problem-solving ability, introduction of new welding practices, and workforce leadership
- 5+ years welding experience
- Demonstrated high-quality management experience
- 4-7+ years leadership experience in similar size or larger facility
- Firm understanding of ERP/MRP processes
- Associates degree in Welding or Fabrication discipline
- B.S. degree in relevant engineering discipline or B.A. degree in Business
- 4+ years experience as a weld shop manager
- Lean Certified
4 - 7 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.