Work Center Manager
Applied Materials, a leading manufacturer of equipment for the semiconductor industry, is looking for a Work Center Manager to join their team in beautiful northwest Montana. Visit our site to learn more about this role at one of Montana’s leading manufacturing companies.
- Supervises employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, and/or final test which is related to the manufacturing of the company's capital equipment and systems, electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and/or components, subassemblies and subsystems.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on available manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity and materials requirements.
- Participates in operational meetings. Supports the development and tracking of organization performance metrics. Schedules and conducts milestone meetings. Responsible for meeting or improving cycle time performance and other metrics.
- Ensures timely response to operations issues impacting customer satisfaction; acts as an interface in the establishment of and ensuring conformance to customer/vendor requirements; prepares detailed analysis of cost of quality opportunity and initiates corrective action.
- Oversees the prevention of employee accidents and injuries. Responsible for ensuring and documenting that all department employees (including temporaries) receive and follow appropriate department training including Environmental, Health and Safety training. Implements, emphasizes importance of, and monitors compliance to appropriate safety policies and procedures.
- Develops personnel to include training and career development; manages the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans, and coaching. Manages the employee selection, hiring, reward and discipline processes.
- Support the analysis of and plans for maximum production capacity optimization; implements and monitors manufacturing or dept. processes that collect, analyze and report key measurement data and real time status.
- Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities. Drives Lean, Safety and Quality. Takes corrective action.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of procedures and concepts within own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families.
- Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely related areas to improve efficiency of own team
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; sets priorities for and coaches employees to meet daily deadlines
- Uses judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the business unit, department or sub-function
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues
- May be required to interact with outside customers, vendors or suppliers
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 2 - 4 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.